Monday 22 July 2013

Out for a meal

We went out for a meal for my birthday, I knew it was going to be hard but I didn't think it would be made even harder by staff at the restaurant!!
 
The only thing on the menu Bronson could eat was prawn cocktail and Sunday roast. Not to bad as he loved prawns and loves a Sunday dinner to.
When his starter came on the plate was 4 pieces of bread, I gave it back to the waitress telling her he cannot eat wheat so can we have another one, when she asked if I couldn't just take it off the plate I had to explain that it was now contaminated with bread crumbs so no. All the while my son screamed because his food was just taken away. I do love it when people stare at you because your CHILD is creating a fuss, it is a lovely feeling. He enjoyed his prawn cocktail, but I know most children wouldn't think of eating it, all the other starters has wheat or cheese on them and the same was for the main courses too, it was all pies and pasta or salads with goats cheese.
After the fuss of the starter I thought it couldn't get worse.... wrong.
They brought his main course with Yorkshire pudding on.... Again it was taken back after my explaining it was made with flour and flour is made of wheat so he cannot eat it. Which meant I had to spend my time trying my best to calm my son down for the second time, his meal was brought back with a waitress rolling her eyes as if it was my fault she had to redo her work. 
I think a better choice of restaurant in is order from now on.
 
Here are some links that may be helpful in finding a dietary requirement friendly restaurants and cafes near you.
 
 
I think the best thing to do is ask, and if you have any problems complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment